Development & Legislation
This consultancy deals with the elements that building surveying services can provide including:
- Employers Agent
- This involves reviewing the design and costings when design and build types of contract are used where the employer wants to be sure of the impartiality of the contract manager. Our appointment involves the monitoring of all the contract issues.
- Licences & Alterations
- We are able to assist in the identification of work and monitoring it on behalf of the landlord and providing certification upon satisfactory completion.
- Contract Monitoring
- Reporting on expenditure, progress and programming.
Planning & Building Control
- Planning Applications
- Listed Building Consent
- Building Control
- Statutory Compliance
- Feasibility Studies
If you are unsure of your proposed project a good route to help your thought process is through a feasibility study. This would include:
- Sketch schemes for alternatives
- A report on suitability of structure
- The need for other consultants e.g. engineers
- Project draft programme plan
- Project budget costs.
- Construction Cost Planning
Party Walls & Right to Light
- Party Wall etc Act
We take appointments both as building owner’s surveyor and adjoining owner’s surveyor for administration of the Party Wall Etc Act 1996 and have particular expertise in this field of work. This is a major element of our work and we have many years of experience, firstly under the London Building Act (Amendment) Act 1939, and then the more recent Party Wall etc Act 1996
- Rights to Light
Assessment on acquisition of rights to light by prescription.